Monday, October 11, 2010

A Canadian Thanksgiving in Sverige

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving!!!  But seeing as it's also a school day, we decided to host our Thanksgiving dinner party last night.  We did our best to prepare the most authentic foods we could with what groceries were available.  Meaning the pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes and cranberries got the ixnay...
THE TURKEY.  There was no way I was touching the 4.9kgs of rawness.  So I passed that one to Dana!
But I did cut out and hang a plethora of themed decorations :) ...
...and set the table
After a full day of preparing and cooking, the food was finally ready. 
And so it was time to carve my first turkey *dun dun dun*
Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, grilled balsamic carrots, red onion and parsnip, pickles, cranberry sauce (aka lingonberry sauce) and cider
And the guests...My Swedish friends: Anna, Johan, Jehja and Duffy
For dessert...Apple pie
Thanks to Anna for this (swedish?) recipe.  Not sure about the 'pie' title, however, I'd say it was more an apple crumble :) 
And after all that, even the doggy was tired....but then came....
...DISHES...The kitchen had never been this messy!
Basically every dish and utensil had been used...But I managed to clean it in a jiffy.  I'm a cleaning machine.



So that was my first Thanksgiving dinner in Sweden!  It was a fun time and quite the learning experience...like, I learned that I prefer when other people prepare the dinner and I just have to eat it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment